1. This thing I’ve been doing writing down five positive things from each day. I find myself looking for positive things for this list throughout the day, so I’m naturally noticing more positive things. It’s like noticing someone wearing a bright pink hat a few days in a row; pretty soon, all the bright pink hats start jumping out at you. Some days are better than others, but training yourself to think more positively will always come in handy.
2. The Net Neutrality issue isn’t quite dead yet. I’m happy to hear it’s going to be forced to a vote in the Senate because politicians who are accountable to constituents are less likely to kill the Net as we know it when it might also mean killing their careers, and my cheap ass is too broke to pay for LJ.
3. I’ve been working on making better use of my time. For that reason - as well as the fact that most people are just assholes - I’ve sworn off daily use of Facebook. I’m still going to use it for DMs and to look at photos every few weeks or so, but other than that, I’m avoiding it. Nothing specific led to my decision, I’m just tired of the political arguments, pettiness, and general narcissism FB seems to specialize in. I haven’t been active there since early December, and I don’t miss it at all. I’m happier and less annoyed with my peers because I’m not wading through daily shitposts.
4. Put on your tin-foil hats for this one, X-Philes... Tonight I watched Wormwood, a stylistic documentary series (available on Netflix) about the death of CIA agent Frank Olsen. Even if you’re familiar with the circumstances surrounding this MK-Ultra mind control conspiracy, I still recommend watching this short series. Although it’s a documentary, Wormwood is approached more like a slowly unfolding feature film with artsy shots and dramatic reenactments interspersed with an extended interview with Olsen’s son. Includes lots of little known details about the investigation. Definitely recommended.
5. It’s going to be in the 50’s (Fahrenheit) tomorrow! I think I’m going to celebrate by doing some work in the yard.