2. I'm cheap. I shop clearance items, use coupons and frequent customer rewards, sign up for samples, and love freebies. If it's free, it's me.
3. The week after my 17th birthday, I married my high school sweetheart. Come Sunday, we'll have been happily married 29 years.
4. We have three adult daughters and one grandson. Spoiling them one of my favorite hobbies.
5. We have two dogs - a malamute mix named Willow Dawn, and Albus Dumbledogg, a pit mix.
6. We also have two cats - Jersey Devil, and a flatfaced Persian named Simon Warhol. Both cats are rescue animals, as is Albus.
7. I'm always the coldest person in the room.
8. My first babysitter outside of the family was a gay man who sometimes dressed in drag. Up until then, I had lived a somewhat atypical yet narrow, small town existence. The day I finally figured out "Isla Meritt" and Rickey G were the SAME PERSON, my little ten-year-old Midwestern mind was blown. It was a revelation, to say the least.
9. My sister doesn't like to come to my house because she believes it's haunted. There are several other people who also believe it's haunted, but she's the only one who actively avoids coming here. Wuss.
10. A few months ago, I had a piece of my spine removed and plastic put in its place. Now when I jog or toss a ball with my dog, I sometimes make little "bionic" sounds in my head.